So Rachel and I were trying to think of cocktails that might be interesting for Superman and God, but also appropriate for our readers, and of course we almost immediately veered towards Superheroes. Now I know what you're thinking… God? Superman? "Superheroes" isn't exactly narrowing it down, right? So I started thinking: What's the real difference between God and a Superhero? And you know, I finally figured it out...
God?... no supersuit.
God is God. God is your everyman. You might as well call him Chuck. But Superman… Superman needs a cape! Without a cape, he'd just be Clark.
So I decided to go about designing exactly the kind of Supersuit that Superman might want me drinking to, and that's where I came up with this dandy:
- A dash of Blue Curaçao
- A dash of Dry Vermouth
- 2 Shots of Gin
- A wedge or slice of lemon. If you like lemon, you might actually use it.
- A cherry or three. If you like cherries, you may not regret adding them.
- Line a reasonable glass (meaning any glass, screw the reviews) with the Blue Curaçao and Dry Vermouth. Just pour them in and swirl them around.
- Pour gin into a shaker over ice and SHAKE THE ABSOLUTE SHIT OUT OF IT.
- Once it's satisfactorily frothy from blending with the ice, pour that over what you'd already put in the glass.
- Drop a cherry or three into the class.
- Hang a slice of lemon over the glass like it makes a difference.
- Photograph and post to Instagram.
My verdict?: Quite nice! It was kind of what I expected. Kind of sweet, but mostly pretty nice, and the dry vermouth definitely helped offset the undergraduate Thursday night taste of the Blue Curaçao with a little bit of a random and pungently bittersweet adult buffer.
But don't take my word for it. Ask Doug Largent. He loved it!